Ah…something I know a thing or two about. The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder ~~By Holly McQueen
Photo: Simonandschuster.comThink Bridget Jones but instead of a diary she has a bonkbuster (that’s a dirty romance novel for those who aren’t down with the slang). Somewhere between getting her look down and falling in love, she has managed to convince one of the world’s top authors that she is really writing a book…which she isn’t. See, she’s not technically a writer per se. She wants to be a writer, but she is more focused on the smaller details such as what she should wear while she writes or what type of notebook to write in.
The antics this girl gets up to are insane, and seriously I laughed out loud almost twice per page. She’s Bridget on crack. And Ms. McQueen’s description in this book is brilliant. The way Isabel can shift her attention to anything and I mean anything but writing is too funny. I have experienced this too often myself. A piece of dust on the floor holds more appeal than writing it seems.
There’s a conspiracy surrounding the “book”, a tangled love story and a whole plot dedicated to honing a size 8. You will love it. If you don’t, you have no sense of humor.

No comments:
Post a Comment