Friday, April 10, 2009

These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

"And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume"
W.Shakespeare-Romeo & Juliet
K, so my cousin and I were chatting the other day, and she asked me if I have seen the trailer for the movie 2012. Apparently, the world is gonna come to an end in 2012. Good to know, right?!
So, she's telling me about this movie that (and this is great news for us) will show us exactly how we will meet our final demise. FUN!! She tells me that I haaaavvve to watch the trailer. It's so funny because this Dalai Lama looking monk guy is running in the mountains...running like hell, he runs up to this little hut on top of the mountain and starts banging on a gong. As the shot pans over, we basically see an entire ocean of water just coasting like breeze over the mountains. I suppose he's trying to warn the peeps that they're all gonna die. So the water sucks up him and his little hut in all of two seconds.
So, but anyway, my cousin had the funniest thing to say about it. I'll paraphrase because I cannot remember exactly how she put it...here goes..."I just cannot for the life of me understand why this little man is running for Jesus up the mountain to his little hut. What's the point in warning them, they're already dead. If that were me, I would just relax in my final moments and let everybody else find out for themselves."
I thought this was too funny. So, here's the trailer below, see for yourself...

No comments: