Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why Hello There PEMA!!! May I kiss your feet??

"If we'd waited a little, things would have been different......but you were only thinking about your plans and forgot to include me in them"
~The Witch of Portobello

Ever had one of those moments where you stop short...look around...pat yourself down...absolutely 100% sure you've forgotten something VERY important? You rack your brain...go over your routine...every last detail...until you realize...AH HAH!! You haven't forgotten anything ANYTHING at all...you've lost it.

Yeah, well, I keep having those...

I also got a tubular reminder this morning that in a little over a week I'm going to be in audience with the LOVELY, cute, sweet, cherub-like PEMA CHODRON!!! Excited? YES! It seems to me as a western Buddhist teacher...she is way way way deeper than Deepak Chopra. Donna Karen will also be there. I am going to try to ask her about the red glasses she made for Mr. Chopra...because every time I see him...he is ALWAYS wearing them (PS...they are red and sparkly...like Dorothy's slippers...just in case you wanted to know).

So, I've finished The Witch of Portobello. If you don't already know, Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite authors (if not my favorite...he's probably my fav...sorry Ms. Winterson).

I thought it was an AMAZING book. Great storytelling...brilliant and thought provoking...

Here are some of my favorite quotes...

"Like all storms, it brings destruction, but, at the same time, it soaks the fields, and the wisdom of the heavens falls with the rain. Like all storms, it will pass. The more violent it is, the more quickly it will pass."

"I came here because there was something missing in my life...I need to fill up my blank spaces..."

"Don't let yourself be weighed down by what other people think, because in a few years, in a few decades, in a few centuries, that way of thinking will be changed. Live now what others will only live in the future."

"You want to justify your life, to live it as intensely as possible. That is at once a trap and a source of ecstasy."

"...you've always tried to control the force that transforms everything so that your lives can carry on without being faced by any major challenges."

"...love fills everything. It cannot be desired because it is an end in itself. It cannot betray because it has nothing to do with possession. It cannot be held prisoner because it is a river and will overflow its banks. Anyone who tries to imprison love will cut off the spring that feeds it..."

"could I please give her a message: the door was always open, and she was greatly missed."

Ahhh...profound shit HUH???

Busy busy!

No comments: