B: Where's your boyfriend?
J: We broke up.
B: What happened to the love that would last for an eternity?
J: Eternities aren't as long as they used to be...
----------------------------------
"And you're worried, not because you're headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won't approve of you, correct?
"That's right!"
-----------------------------------
"Bella, I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don't know how it's tortured me...The thought of you still, white, cold...to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses, it would be unendurable...You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."
"You already know how I feel of course. I'm here which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you. I am an idiot."
"You are an idiot!...And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"What a stupid lamb!"
"What a sick, masochistic lion."
------------------------------------
If you know the lovely Miss FiFi, then you know what the high likelihood it would be for me to fall in love with a vampire. It's so totally my style. So, I actually did kinda fall in love with Edward...the vampire.
Let me explain...'cuz you're all sayin' FiFi this can't be possible...Vampires do not exist and you are a fuckin lezzie!!! I know I know I know. What I meant to say first was that I have been reading the Twilight vampire saga. I hemmed and hawwed about not wanting to get involved with another series...but alas...I fell into the vampire hole.
This has happened to me before...Harry frickin Potter... So, that's why I tend to veer away from books such as these. They take over my life. And this one is actually much worse than Harry. Because there is a major major romance. A major sultry romance. A major sultry hot romance. A major sultry hot suspensful romance. A major sultry hot suspensful forbidden romance. Ah, you are getting the idea now. So, yeah, it's really not all that surprising that I'm in the hole.
And I loved the first book...Didn't love the second book soooo much. Yeah, probably because Edward was in only like 10% of the book or LESS. That just seems wrong to do. I do not like Jacob and don't want him sniffing around Bella. Makes me angry.
So, I'm on to the third book now. And Edwards back. Thank GOD!!! It's actually really really quite good. But in my best advice--- DON'T READ IT! DON'T GET SUCKED INTO IT!
Just kidding...sort of.
I can relate to their relationship in such a freaky way. They are all about passion and love and hot hot hot...and they sort of forget that he has to fight a constant urge to eat her alive. I can totally relate...I think I've dated a vampire before. But in my sad defense, I do tend to prefer passion over sanity. Sadly, it is the more painful of routes. Alas, we don't get to choose our journey...at least I don't believe that. I do believe that some of us are destined to be adventurous dragon slayers...and I have the misfortune or fortune (take your pick) of being one of those.
~~~So, but anyway...I had a more restful and relaxing weekend this time around. I cuddled up and snuggled up a bit more and wound down a lot. I saw Four Christmases. It was fucking funny. I love me some Reese's pieces...yum. I had quiet time....oh except for the lovely trek around Park Slope Sunday morning IN THE RAIN. Oh yeah...that was lovely...but when I got home you bet I was on my frickin couch with Edward as my date!!!
LYLASF

No comments:
Post a Comment