Monday, September 8, 2008

Rain Date

If you live in NYC...you will know and understand why FiFi spent a large part of the weekend confined to zee apartment.

I almost don't want to bore you to death with the details...but I'm selfish so who cares about what you want or need...

On Friday night I desperately needed to do laundry. So I stayed home. While I did laundry I watched THE RING. I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure that because I haven't watched a scary movie in awhile I have lost my tolerace for gore and scary shit. Everytime I had to leave the apartment to get the clothes I was terrified that the scary girl was going to get me. I made it through the movie alive. And watched several scenes with my hands covering my face. If you know me you're probably saying..."No she didn't!!" Yes...I did. Now I just have to wait for 7 days. The only excitement I had...Two BBQs. The first on Saturday. I got there just before the downpour...and thankfully was able to spend the entire time in the kitchen or outside under a tarp. Ohhh Lordy did the kitties and doggies fall. However, the food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! My friend should give up hope of being a social worker and become the female Wolfgang Puck. The food is the only thing that kept me sane while I trudged to the subway later. Ugggh! I will just say that FiFi strongly resembled/could've been mistaken for a drowned rat.

Needless to say, when I got the call later that my Saturday evening plans were cancelled because of those damn kitties and doggies, I was more than ecstatic to stay at home and have a wonderful date with Netflix. Oh, we had a lovely time!

Okay, Sunday, the most exciting!!! I woke up and cleaned my entire apartment from top to bottom...I even cleaned the inside of the fridge. Yayayay! Three cheers for FiFi. I loathe cleaning. And in six months you'll be cheering again. Cuz I don't believe I'll clean again any time soon. Then I went to another BBQ. This one was dry...and the food was dry too....and I had to wait five years for a hot dog....which was nasty...and they had NO mustard...so I had to eat it plain...but I won't whine about it. I had good conversation and a few good beers...which got me quickly buzzed because I'd only eaten a bowl of Cheerios and a grody hot dog for the day.

Ahh...well...there is my fun filled weekend. I know you're just soooo jealous. Too bad you can't be me.

No comments: