Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why is it that I get a British accent every time I say this word?

Automythography--an alternative to a memoir or autobiography.

This is what I've started working on now. There are some people that believe that certain events in my life would work very well in a book and for obvious reasons character's names and likenesses must be changed. I would like to add the disclaimer in the book---Names have been changed to protect the guilty. Hahaha!

This genre is hard. I was introduced to this word by my writing partner. It's the genre of Augustin Burroughs (whom I love). It's taking what you already know (the truth) and turning it around into a type of fiction. Keeping the story intact, while taking away backgrounds, features, settings, superbly sucks. I have had a tad bit of help re-working the story...and as a result of this several peeps in my circle are demanding their own dedication page at the front of the book. They actually believe that I will be able to get this thing published. We shall see, I suppose.

Writing what you know is maybe the best and most recommended form of writing. For me, it's kinda hard. I have to basically re-live events from my past as I play them out of my mind and onto the page. So, this is what I've been doing. So far, what I've written is totally and completely hilarious...i think...anyway. My writing partner will be checking it out soon enough...so we can just wait and see. I'll letcha know.

So, but yeah...back to the more important point at hand. I can totally not figure out why the frig every time I say the word it comes out in a British accent. It's sooo weird. If you know me though, you know I do one hell of a BA. Toodahloo!

No comments: