Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cold Shower

Yeah...I had one of those this morning. It gave me the wake up shock I desperately needed.

I've been waking up a lot lately. The way I see myself. The way I see others. The way I see what I want and what I've been missing in my life. Not that I'm a bad person or anything. I'm exceptionally wonderful but perfection is a dream never attained.


So, I finished ELEVEN MINUTES ~Paulo Coelho. It's a great book. Just read it to find out what the "eleven minutes" actually is. Cuz I'm not telling. Nahnahnahnah booboo. Coelho's writing style is so accessible which makes it an easy...non-complex...need a dictionary for every other word type of book. I know you know what I'm talking about. I like the complex, but if you need to learn life lessons, they are better served directly in your face...with flashing lights...a big red bow...just because it can be very difficult to see what is right before us.


Here are the snazzy quotes I extracted from the book--->

"Love is not to be found in someone else, but in ourselves; we simply awaken it."

"I carry with me a part of your past, and you carry with you a little of my present. Isn't that lovely?"

"...you awaken desire by not immediately handing over the object of that desire."

"The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility...if you want to acheive your objectives, you have to be prepared for a daily dose of pain or discomfort. At first, it's unpleasant and demotivating, but in time you come to realize that it's part of the process of feeling good, and the moment arrives when, if you don't feel pain, you have a sense that the exercises aren't having the desired effect."

"After all, we are human beings, we are born full of guilt; we feel terrified when happiness becomes a real possibility; and we die wanting to punish everyone else because we feel impotent, ill-used and unhappy. To pay for one's sins and be able to punish the sinners, wouldn't that be delicious. Oh yes, wonderful."

And this one's a doozy, but it's great:
"Original sin was not the apple that Eve ate, it was her belief that Adam needed to share precisely the thing she had tasted. Eve was afraid to follow her own path without someone to help her, and so she wanted to share what she was feeling.
Certain things cannot be shared. Nor can we be afraid of the oceans into which we plunge of our own free will; fear cramps everyone's style. Man goes through hell in order to understand this. Love one another, but let's not try to possess each other."

No comments: