For those of you that live in the NYC area, here's a recommendation for a few of my favorite spots...
I was supposed to see BLUE VELVET at McCarren Pool last night. However, God had other plans. When I arrived at Lorimer on the L train, the sky had opened and a typhoon hit the hipster town of Wburg. So...needless to say...no movie and still in Wburg.
Instead of scrapping the night, a friend and I made the best of it.
1. If you want beer and you're hungry...GO to Alligator Lounge---600 Metropolitan Ave. Brooklyn (right off Lorimer St). Order a $4 beer get a free personal pizza. Every beer entitles you to a pizza so go hungry. And...yes...the pizza is good, made right in the bar in a brick oven.
***P.S. Don't wanna leave another bar out so The Charleston 174 Bedford Ave. (right off 7th St.) also does the same thing.
2. If you want to drink and play arcade games then Barcade is your spot. Heehee...get it BAR + ARCADE = BARCADE. It's at 388 Union Ave. (just a few blocks from the L, G stop at Lorimer/Metropolitan). They have a huge array of old time games (ie Tetris, Ms. Pacman, Super Mario, Frogger etc etc). The games are only $.25 a play. YAY! So get ready. I have carpal tunnel from Super Mario Brothers.
***Disclaimer: They have a huge beer menu of beers that I've never heard of. So, if you're a beer expert have fun. Just be forwarned, they DO NOT have Bud, Stella, Yuengling...or any of the other bar usuals.
Later gators!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment