Monday, August 11, 2008

Rock.Hard Place.Shrug.

I feel truly sorry for the unlucky candidate that wins this year's Presidential Election. It seems such a coveted position, at the present moment, is a seat at the helm of disaster. He who captures the task of street sweeper of this besotted country will need copius amounts of prayer. Even from us non-churchgoing folk.

McCain, it seems is the wolf in sheep's clothing. By this, I mean, Bush is the wolf; McCain is the sheep's clothing. We are in for Bush Numero Dos if we elect him. Haven't we all ready dug this country a deep enough grave? Why not just fly the white flag and let China overtake us.

Obama, I feel, will be a glorified seamstress. Ripping the stitches that Bush has haphazardly sewn in his effort to sew us a utopia.

Isn't there anyone out there that will do what really needs to be done? Stop ignoring the problems and stop trying to create perfection. All we really need is for someone to clean up the ghastley wounds, plug up the holes, get the motor running, so that this country can begin to heal.

It scares me that we had this person within our grasp, right there, with the most hope and promise of getting us out of this mess. We let HER slip through our fingers.

I'm terrified (not proud) to be an American.

No comments: