Thursday, August 21, 2008

From The Garden Of Eden

I am a woman. I am a child. I am a Christian. I am middle class. I am a friend. I am a girlfriend. I am a therapist. I am a Savior. I am a listener. I am a talker. I am a comedian. I am dramatic. I am altruistic. I am a writer. I am insecure. I am a fighter. I am a Democrat. I am queer. I am anxious. I love. I am beloved.

Those that know me. Really know me. Those that have seen me cry. Have touched my skin. Know my real name. Have smelled my perfume. Have woken up beside me. Had endless conversations about life. Have fought with me. Have seen me naked. Have played with my hair. Have tickled me. Have grown with me. Survived with me.

Those people have taught me a great many things about myself. They think I am. Sweet. Amazing. Kind. Giving. Caring. Nurturing. Beautiful. Smart. Funny. Honest. Trustworthy. Strong.

I am not pure. Most good people are not. I have a character unique to myself. No other star shines the same. I am not pure. I have been bad. Bad by the judgmental person's definition of the word.

I have lied. I have cheated. I have stolen. I have betrayed trust. I have masturbated. I have cursed. I have lost touch with God. I have made love to a woman. I have manipulated. I have controlled. I have spied. I have broken the law. I have been weak.

I find myself more spiritual, less religious. I find faults with the Bible. But as with most things, there is truth contained within.

I have eaten the apple. Fallen victim to temptation. I have enjoyed it, despised it. I am a real person.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ~John 8:7

I think I'm pretty safe.

No comments: