Thursday, August 7, 2008

You're Not Gonna Believe What Happened Next...

I have a few things to report that have happened to me in the last 24 hours. Learning four lessons in less than one day is mighty overwhelming. So, I will depress you first and then bring up your spirits in the end...'cuz I think doing it the other way around is rude.

Here Today...

Okay...so yesterday I was coming back from lunch with a co-worker and we came round a corner and there was a woman sitting in a wheelchair. Not out of the ordinary. However, hotel staff and other people surrounded her. Noticing that something was not right, I went to my office. I figured she already had enough of an audience.

A little while later, I got the whole story from my boss. The woman had a heart condition. Not medically smart so I won't go into it, but anyway, she collapsed in the lobby and died practically instantaneously. And it seems, most of the revival efforts were made postmortem. Her daughter was there with her.

I can only imagine the pain she is going through. I tried to picture how I would feel if the same happened to me, and the only visual I could come up with is being carted of to Bellevue, never to return.

Lesson #1: Life is short. You can be here today and gone tomorrow. (Or as my mother says: Here today gone today) Appreciate and love what you have.

Please Don't Shoot First and Ask Questions Later

I know that everyone is guilty of this one. The whole throwing a fit...flying off the handle...blowing your fuse before you even know what's going on is sorta a bad idea. A bad manner persay. It's so much easier to allow your anger to build and manifest into an ugly little monster that rears it's ugly head. So...instead of calmly resolving the problem, we must first have World War 46, call it a day, resume peace talks, and then FINALLY sign the peace treaty.

Stubborn people seem to be often more guilty of this little faux pas. Let's try to get it under control.

Lesson #2: You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. It's best to get all the facts before you sentence the defendant.


Shit Rolls Down Hill

Occasionally blowing the fuse is okay. Especially if it's over someone that shouldn't have been born. I am not a particularly nasty person by nature, but do enough to ruffle my feathers, especially when it's over something that doesn't even concern me---I GET PISSED!

So...this bottom feeder assistant calls me this morning. She wants bookings for a Corporate account. I look it up, and it's closed out because we're all but sold out. So, I tell her this, and this cuntilosa proceeds to rant on to me about how I'm stupid, I can't do my job, She hopes the call is being recorded, I'm unprofessional, Corporate accounts can do whatever they want. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. At this point, I've already shut down and started my mantra...DIE BITCH DIE BITCH... So, the rest of what she had to say I'm not really sure of. Hence, maybe, just maybe, if the higher ups in my office would inform these rude ass whores that these things are subject to availability, I wouldn't be treated like a know nothing loser, and that stupid bitch wouldn't look like the cavecunt of all time.

Lesson #3: Carry an umbrella. You never know when it's gonna start raining shit. Oh...and believe in yourself and don't let the socially challenged get to you.

I Could Have Died

Lordy. I hope this doesn't depress you. 'Cuz I think that's rude, but so...you remember how I was in San Francisco last week and all. Well the other day, two streetcars collided on the F line up the Embarcadero. Yes...you heard me right. The drivers and the peeps onboard had to be taken to the hospital. Isn't that rough shit? So...I totally rode that deathtrap on my vacation. Everyone made out okay...or so they say. I hope there's no conspiracy coverup going on.

Lesson #4: Almost the same as lesson #1 with the twist of don't trust public transportation. Especially when it's like 400 years old...like damn street cars in San Francisco.

No comments: