Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something Profound...Finally

"I felt the flood packing water behind my eyes. Hot water and hot blood and hot salt. I felt the tears welling up as I started to talk about everything I did to be with Rafe and the way he made no effort to be with me, taking it for granted that I would arrive, gift-wrapped, with a big bow tied around my neck, each and every weekend like I was put on earth just to love and serve him. I knew I had created this situation, but I still hated him for letting me be this way. Hated him for not doing more. Hated him for never coming to see me in Cambridge, for always begging off because he had a play to attend or a paper to write. Hated him because he made me drop everything without even asking me to."



"It's just that, all his words, all that he says about loving me so much, they all don't seem to matter when I feel like this relationship would not be happening at all if it weren't for my efforts." ~~ Elizabeth Wurtzel-PROZAC NATION

No comments: